Triple Berry Almond Pie
Prep Time: 45 Minutes
Cook Time: 100 Minutes
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup finely chopped almonds
1/4 tsp salt
2/3 cup butter
5-7 tbsp cold water
1 egg, slightly beaten
5 cups (1 1/4 cups each) fresh or frozen berries (blueberries, raspberries, sliced strawberries)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/4 tsp almond extract
- Heat your Thermador 48” Pro Grand Dual Fuel Steam Range Oven to 425°F. Combine flour, almonds and salt in large bowl; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in enough water with fork just until flour is moistened. Divide dough in half. Shape each half into ball; flatten slightly. Wrap 1 ball of dough in plastic food wrap; refrigerate.
- Roll out 1 ball of dough on lightly floured surface into 12-inch circle. Fold into quarters. Place dough into ungreased 9-inch pie pan; unfold, pressing firmly against bottom and sides. Trim crust to 1/2 inch from edge of pan; set aside.
- Rinse and drain berries on paper towels. Combine sugar and cornstarch in small bowl until well mixed. Place berries into large bowl. Add sugar mixture and almond extract; toss lightly to coat berries. Spoon into prepared crust.
- Roll out remaining ball of dough on lightly floured surface into 11-inch circle. Cut out 10 (1/2-inch) strips with sharp knife or pastry wheel. Place 5 strips, 1 inch apart, over filling. Place 5 strips at right angles to strips already in place. Trim ends. Fold remaining edge of bottom crust over strips; build up an edge. Crimp or flute edge. Brush crust with beaten egg.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until crust is lightly browned and juice begins to bubble through crust. (If browning too quickly, cover with aluminum foil.) Cool pie 1 hour before serving.
If using frozen fruit, thaw fruit; drain. Measure fruit before adding sugar, corn starch and almond extract.